Eight-Year-Old Madrasa Student Dies After Assault: Delhi

Written by Sabrangindia | Published on: October 26, 2018

An eight-year-old madrasa student, identified as Mohammad Azeem, dies after a scuffle in which he was allegedly beaten to death by some people in the Begumpur locality of Malviya Nagar area in Delhi on Thursday. Police have sent the body for post-mortem. None of the accused have been arrested yet.

Child beaten to death

The deceased has been identified as Mohammad Azeem, a native of Haryana, who studied at the Madrasa Das ul Uloom Faridiya. A senior police officer said the incident occurred when there was a fight between the boys studying in the madrasa and those living in the area over play

A team of United Against Hate, under the leadership of eminent activist Nadeem Khan, visited the madrasa and talked to the students and managers.

They told Caravan Daily that the incident took place around noon on Thursday. The madrasa was off. Some students living in its hostel were playing outside the madrasa when some youths of the locality assaulted them. While others sustained minor injuries, Azeem, who was thrown at a bike, collapsed on the spot. He was taken to the hospital where doctors declared him brought dead.

Students and madrasa officials told United Against Hate team that the locals have regularly been disturbing them. Empty whiskey bottles are thrown inside the madrasa-cum-mosque premises.

Manager of the Malviya Nagar madrasa whose student was lynched on 25 Oct 2018.
United Against Hate team visited the madrasa. The team which was led by Mr. Nadeem Khan, activist spoke with students and managers of the madrasa. The team came to know that the local youths were troubling the students by throwing whiskey bottles inside the premises of madrasa.

Giving the details of the incident, Mr. Nadeem said that the scuffle and the assaults took place when the students were playing outside the madrasa.
A few other students received minor injuries. However, Azeem lost his life. After the incident, he was rushed to the hospital. Doctors at the hospital declared him dead on arrival.