· Delhi police along with the DDA violently beating the people of Kathputli colony including women and children.
· National Federation of Indian Women’s Annie Raja got gravely injured and is currently admitted in RML hospital.
· Bulldozers ran over the houses while people were still inside the houses, scrambled to save their belongings from the inhuman demolition.
New Delhi | October 31, 2017: Yesterday on 30th October, 2017, the residents of Kathputli Colony were faced with a sudden demolition drive led by the DDA and the Delhi police force, which were present in large numbers. The police along with the DDA mercilessly beat the people who were protesting including women and children. Bulldozers ran over their houses and the people were not even given a chance to take out their belongings. The police barricaded the colony at every single entrance and did not allow the ambulance to come inside the colony for the injured women. Annie Raja, General Secretary, NFIW was brutally beaten up, dragged and left to a place where she was lying for an hour till any help reached her. If anybody seen taking pictures/videos that is not from media were beaten and taken to the police station. This is a complete murder of our democracy where the residents are not allowed to protest, women and children are beaten up, anyone who is coming from outside in support of the residents were either threatened or taken to jail, no help to the injured and STILL, the demolition continues...
The police have entered the colony in huge numbers and with double the bulldozers. We appeal to the citizens of this country to stand with the residents of Kathputli Colony and call the responsible authorities (mentioned below) and ask them to immediately stop this illegal and inhuman forceful demolition when there is a high court order of 2014 that says NO FORCEFUL EVICTIONS CAN TAKE PLACE UNTILL THE RESIDENTS GIVE THEIR CONSENT!
Important Contact Details of Authorities and Officials who can avert the tragedy are mentioned below:
1. Ministry of Urban development - 09312239405
3. Delhi Police commissioner - 011-23490201, fax: 23722052
4. Shri Anil Baijal, Lieutenant Governor (LG) of Delhi - 011-23975022